How do I log in to make an appointment?
QWC scheduling is on University of Arkansas Central Login. Students click the “make an appointment” link at the top of our homepage and are redirected to Central Login. Students use their UARK usernames and UARK passwords. Students can also reach the QWC’s Central Login page here: https://writingcenter.uark.edu
How many appointments can I make per day? Per week?
- You may make one 30- or 60-minute appointment per day.
- You may make two appointments per week.
How do I cancel an appointment?
- Log in to the schedule.
- Click on your appointment.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Cancel This Appointment.
- If you need help, call 479.575.6747. We’re open 9-5, M-F.
Should I schedule a 30- or 60-minute appointment?
- You may select a 30- or a 60-minute appointment for a face-to-face tutorial.
- We require a 60-minute appointment for an online email tutorial.
- 30-minute appointments are best when your paper is two pages or less.
- 60-minute appointments are best when you need to discuss more than three pages. 60 minutes is also best when you need help brainstorming or outlining.
- Most second-language students prefer 60-minute appointments.
Can I make an appointment in advance?
Yes, the scheduler will accept appointments up to seven days in advance.
Should I select face-to-face or online email tutoring?
- During face-to-face tutorials you can talk with your tutor about any writing issue.
- Online email tutorials are convenient but not as productive when you need help understanding an assignment, working on grammar, citing sources.
- An online email tutoring works well for feedback on the organization, clarity, and persuasiveness of your draft.
- Online email tutorials are not an effective medium for an English Language Learner (ELL).
How do I make an online email appointment?
- Adjust the ending time of your appointment: onlines must be 60 minutes.
- Provide your tutor with assignment information. Copy the info into the whiteboard or upload the sheet. The tutor needs to know.
- After you complete the form, upload your paper. Follow these instructions.
- Remember that your paper must be a MS Word or RTF file and can be no more than 1MB.
- Any problems, call 479.575.6747.
How do I make a face-to-face appointment?
- Select 30 or 60 minutes by adjusting the ending time in the New Reservation form.
- Bring a copy of your assignment sheet.
- If you need assistance, please call us at 479.575.6747.
What if no appointments are available?
You can join our waiting list. Click the clock icon located above the day you want tutoring and complete the form. You will receive a text or email notification when appointment time comes available. The system will not create an appointment for you. You log in to schedule the open time.
Can I make an appointment for help with a take-home exam or candidacy exams?
The university’s Sanction Rubric states that “unauthorized collaboration on homework assignments constituting 10% or more of the assignment, or less than 10% of the assignment on a second offense” is a Level One Violation. Before making an appointment that could be considered unauthorized collaboration, students should ask their instructors whether tutoring assistance is permitted.
How can I get help with a paper longer than 5-6 pages?
- Make more than one 60-minute appointment.
- Tutors will read the first five-to-six pages during the first session, the second five-to-six during the second, and so on.
How can I get help with a thesis or a dissertation?
- Make an initial 30-minute appointment to establish a plan.
- Schedule 60-minute appointments.
- Plan ahead. Help with a long document begins months before a defense.
- QWC tutors are not available for proofreading or fixing student work, including theses and dissertations.